Wednesday 10 August 2011

Sculpting Practice

Just bought a Wacom Intuous 4 Tablet last month with a decent price, so I guess this must be a good time for some scultping practices on Mudbox and Zbrush :D.

Kinda lazy to model any new mesh so I borrowed my friend Ly Nguyen's body model to practice sculpting. Her model was actually for her modeling assignment in class. I just sculpted the front and the back of the body, added some details like bones, muscles, belly-button, etc.

Nothing fancy, it was one of my first sculpture and also the first time I ever used a tablet in my life so didn't really expect too much, lol.


 

1 comment:

  1. As a first go, nice work!

    However while you seem to gave gotten a fairly decent amount of detail into your project, there are some major anatomical issues here you probably want to tweak.

    For a start, too many lumps (some in odd places such as the ones on the left armpit and down by the hip).

    Probably also just a little too extreme (ie. too deep or lumped out). Make things more subtle and softer - a female generally looks much softer.

    The collar bone (Clavicle) should be fairly horizontal as well and line up with the shoulders.

    Best thing to do is simply google things like "bikini body", or "Female body reference" and do a little research.

    But for a first go, a nice start. :-)

    ReplyDelete