Tuesday 2 August 2011

"Promise" , a very short animation on Maya

This makes my 2nd character animation since my first start in the industry.


It have been done with Maya 2011, rendered with mental ray and After Effects CS4 for editing. The rig I used is Eleven Rig which can be found on 11secondclub (and of course it's free). The sound clip I have been provided with was actually from a movie named "Team America" (or so, have never seen it before) and I got roughly 2 weeks to do this.

A mix of non-linear (walk cycle) and linear animation technic, and thanks to that my walk cycle was a little bit off and when I found out about it afterwards, I couldn't do anything much to fix it unless doing the whole sequence again manually. The result was coming out not as good as I expected but the experiences I've gained were extremely valuable.

Enough talk/typing , show time :P



No comments:

Post a Comment